[Histonet] Biopsy Problems

McAnn, Sherrian Sherrian.McAnn <@t> va.gov
Wed Nov 6 12:17:15 CST 2013

Seems as though they may  be lifting off in spots? Or maybe perhaps
vibration?

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Joanne
Clark
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 11:22 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Biopsy Problems

Hi Fellow Histonetters, we have started having this problem with our
G.I. biopsies, and not all of them, just the odd one here and there.
After staining, when looking at it on the scope, you can't get it to
focus in one plane.  It's not cutting artifact, because we have recut
the block making sure it is well cooled etc. before picking up and
staining the section.  The cells, when in focus, look fixed and properly
processed, and the staining is the way it should be.  I have no idea
what is causing this artifact.  Has anyone else seen this and can shed
some light on what is causing it?

Joanne Clark, HT
Director of Histology
Pathology Consultants of New Mexico

Disclaimer: This electronic message may contain information that is
proprietary, confidential, or legally privileged or protected. It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity named in the
message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the material from your
computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message and do not
disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information
it contains.