[Histonet] The use of PA's

Sullivan, Beatrice BSullivan <@t> virtua.org
Fri May 31 13:39:52 CDT 2013

To anyone out there utilizing PA's in their histology lab. I am in the early phase of establishing a realistic  benchmark for case load per PA. We are a multidivisional facility. Currently there are 3 fulltime PA's. We are not open on weekends or holidays. They do not do autopsies. They do most frozens. This amount is not an overwhelming number.  Majority of the biopsies are handled by trained histo-techs. We are not a teaching facility. We have a standard case mix.  Any suggestions?

Beatrice L. Sullivan HT(ASCP)HTL
Corporate Histology Manager
Virtua, Voorhees
856-247-3144

This message, and any included attachments, are from Virtua Health or its related affiliates and is intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein is privileged, proprietary or may include confidential information and/or protected patient health information. Any unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or otherwise disseminating or taking any action based on such information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please delete this message promptly and notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to ISSECURITY <@t> virtua.org.

Thank you