[Histonet] Xylene substitutes for tissue processor clean cycle

Boyd, Debbie M DKBoyd <@t> chs.net
Wed May 22 07:56:09 CDT 2013

We have two Excelsiors (had Three).  We use Americlear in the cleaning cycle.  We have never had issues with our cleaning cycle or the operation of our processors.  Our oldest processor was 12 years old before the oven cracked and started leaking.  The repair was too expensive for an older processor so we replaced it with a new one.  Americlear can only be purchased through Allegiance (Baxter).

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Vanessa Avalos
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:01 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Xylene substitutes for tissue processor clean cycle

I use a excelsior and was told to always use Xylene in the cleaning cycle.  Since sub is not as pure as xylene ( obviously) you could be at risk of developing paraffin clogs that the sub may not get. Using one xylene  in the cleaning has not effected the odor at all in the lab. Good Luck.

V.Avalos
ADS, INC