[Histonet] Can someone recommend a good means of storage for Cryomold blocks?

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Fri May 17 14:07:41 CDT 2013

Patrick, We use a metal rack for Fisher freezer boxes.

The racks are from USA Scientific and are unique in that they slide from the front, so access is very easy.
Cat# 2632-4550, for a 4 x 5 array, fitting 5" x 5" x 2" freezer boxes.
http://www.usascientific.com/search.aspx?find=2632-4500

The freezer boxes are Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cat# 03-395-455 without dividers.

Depending on the size of the tissue, we either store in 2 ml cryovials (kidney bx, 64 vials per box) or in 20ml vials (muscle, 9 vials per box). If dehydration is an issue, wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and add a bit of frost to the vial.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lewis, Patrick
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 11:21 AM
To: 'Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Can someone recommend a good means of storage for Cryomold blocks?

Hi everyone, can someone recommend a good storage method for Frozen tissue blocks made from cryomolds?  We have about 200 blocks.

Currently we have them stored freezer boxes in bags with some wet ice at -70.

It might be better if we had plastic tray bins to put the bags in, but I have not been able to find them yet.  Anyone have a catalog number for those gray tray bins?

Thanks

Patrick.