[Histonet] fungal stain for frozen sections

Will Chappell chapcl <@t> yahoo.com
Thu May 16 11:16:45 CDT 2013

It appears, from a research paper I was reading, that a 1% solution of uvitex 2b added to eosin will cause fungus to fluoresce under uv light.

I haven't performed it, however it could be as quick as an H&E stain. Looks promising.

Http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02889994#page-1

Will Chappell
CHOC children's hospital.

Sent from my iPhone