[Histonet] Gomori Trichrome Staining

Massimo max_histo_00 <@t> yahoo.it
Wed May 15 01:10:41 CDT 2013

Hi,

you can try, if you do not already, to wash briefly
in a solution of 0.2 ml. of glacial acetic acid in
100 ml. of distilled water, before the final dehydration.
That makes the colors more delicate and transparent.
The Gomori's trichromic results are similar to those obtained
with the Masson's trichrome staining:
Cytoplasms from bright red to greenish.

Kind Regards

Massimo Tosi
"A humble Chemical Engineer who loves Histology"

________________________________
 Da: Eleonora Guadagnin <guadagnin.eleonora <@t> gmail.com>
A: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Inviato: Martedì 14 Maggio 2013 21:33
Oggetto: [Histonet] Gomori Trichrome Staining

Hello everybody,
I am performing the Gomori Trichrome staining on frozen muscle sections
(10um) but I have couple of issues:
1. The green staining is TOO dark;
2. When the green is not too dark, all my muscle fibers are red.

I checked the pH of the Gomori solution, is 2.15.

If anyone has some advice, please!!!!
Thanks a lot!

Eleonora