[Histonet] Movat Pentachrome - Can't Remove Woodstain Scarlet-Acid Fuchsin from Collagen

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Fri May 10 16:26:53 CDT 2013

Krista

Not sure if this would help but we mordant in Bouins for 1 hour at 60C, we let the bouins come up to temp (60C) before we put the slides in.  We have not had good success with temps lower than 60C and if we do not warm up the bouins.  We also find that fresh reagents are key in successful results, we make up our reagents, we don't use a kit.  If you don't need the alcian blue portion of the stain present, my suggestion would be to try a modified trichome, - mordant in bouins and in place of the iron hematoxylin use verhoff elastic stain, differenciate and then counterstain with a regular trichrome.  This will turn out really nice and it will demonstrates elastic fibers, collagen and muscle nicely.  We prefer doing this over the Movats.  I have a protocol if you need one.

Liz

Laboratory Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592