[Histonet] Attention GI facilities-(Giardia) Statistical Information on Duodenum polyps stained

Akemi Allison akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed May 8 15:35:11 CDT 2013

Hello again everyone:

The medical director of pathology at my facility asked to make an inquiry on Histonet regarding any statistical information of special staining on duodenum polyps for Giardia routinely. Do you have any statistics, and if so, do you have the percentages too?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Also, do you do these special stains on everyone of your duodenum polyps?We do not want to do IHC, but prefer special stains because of the cost factor.

I used to do a Giemsa modification years ago, but he would like to know if there are any of you doing other special stains for Giardia.  We are trying to avoid the more complicated silver stains such as Steiner or Warthin Starry.

Thank you

Akemi

Akemi Allison B.S., HT/HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Manager
Monterey Bay GI Consultants Medical Group
23 Upper Ragsdale Drive, Suite 200
Monterey, CA 93940
(8310 375-3577 x 117
Email: aallison <@t> montereygi.com