[Histonet] RE: ventana counterstaining

Stacy McLaughlin Stacy_McLaughlin <@t> cooley-dickinson.org
Mon Mar 25 14:45:41 CDT 2013

Yes!  We've been experiencing the same issue intermittently for the past couple of weeks.  The slides look like they did not get bluing reagent. I reported the problem to Ventana and they sent us a new bluing reagent dispenser. (Hoping this fixes it!) A couple of techs here thought the dispenser was difficult to press down on.  A couple of weeks prior to this happening, we had a bluing reagent dispenser lose its prime and nothing was dispensed on the slides.
Keeping my fingers crossed...

Stacy McLaughlin, HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Cooley Dickinson Hospital
30 Locust Street
Northampton, MA 01060
(413)582-2019
Stacy_McLaughlin <@t> Cooley-Dickinson.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kimmie Rabe
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:28 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] ventana counterstaining

Has anyone else had problems with the counterstain on the ventana being pink instead of that lovely pale blue color?  Ventana says it's because we use Sta-On, but we don't always use Sta-On and the pink vs. blue staining doesn't correlate with whether Sta-On has been used or not.  Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against pink.  But if there is some problem with the hematoxylin we purchase from ventana or the dispensing or mixing thereof--we would like to know.

Thanks!

Kimmie E. Rabe, MD
North Central Pathology, PA
3701 12th Street North, Suite 201