[Histonet] RE: polymer detection

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Thu Mar 21 15:10:21 CDT 2013

Margaret

We personally do not use dual link reagents when working on animal tissue.  We have found some issues with mouse polymers and porcine tissue in the past.  I know the dual links make things a bit simpler but we prefer not to use them at all.

Liz

Laboratory Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308
Work (303) 682-3949
Fax (303) 682-9060
Cell (303) 881-0763
liz <@t> premierlab.com
www.premierlab.com

Ship to address:

1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Perry, Margaret
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:02 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] polymer detection

I would like to get your opinion about rabbit/mouse universal polymer detection systems.  Are there any out there that have little or no background when used on canine ,feline, ovine, bovine, porcine, equine or caprine  tissues?  Right now I use separate polymers for rabbit or mouse antibodies.  We use a DAKO autostainer.  I'm just trying to get a feel about what is new to the field of polymers.
Thank you for your replies.

Margaret Perry HT(ASCP)
Veterinary & Biomedical Sciences Department North Campus Drive Box 2175 South Dakota State University Brookings SD 57007
605-688-5638