[Histonet] IHC Stainer Dispense volume

Milne, Katy kmilne <@t> bccancer.bc.ca
Thu Mar 21 13:30:57 CDT 2013

Hi Tiana,

We just got a Biocare Intellipath FLX and it came set at 300ul too.  I've switched it to 150ul, dropping in the middle zone only and had no problems, may see if I can go 100ul for smaller tissues, will up it for larger tissues.

I pap pen around the samples though to make sure that reagent doesn't wander off.

You may want to find a scrap piece of tissue and an antibody to a marker that should be expressed all though the tissue, right to the edges as much as you can; use a lower drop volume and make sure you get staining all the way across your tissue.

Then be consistent about sample placement on the slide and pap-penning and you'll probably be fine, if your system is similar to mine that is!  :)

Katy