[Histonet] question

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Mar 21 07:10:31 CDT 2013

I guess I didn't understand what debris you were speaking of, yes it would only decontaminate what is within the chamber. I guess I never had much issue with any "blowing"

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC
 CC: marilyn.a.weiss <@t> kp.org; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
From: abright <@t> brightinstruments.com
Subject: Re: [Histonet] question
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:25:41 +0000
To: joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com

I do not see that as UV will not decontaminate areas and tissue that are not in the UV light path or thick tissue.Alan Bright

Sent from my iPhone

Maybe that is why some like the UV decontamination option? I know I prefer it.  If there is aerolizing of any material or particles after that cycle, at least it whatever was trapped in the chamber would  have been decontaminated when you then vaccum. I think that the UV models have their own vaccum as I recall.  Plus it is MUCH faster than the old defrots, wipe out, vaccum and rinse steps and air dry steps needed to decontaminate some ( usually older) cryostats.