[Histonet] vibratome mice brain sectionning problem

narjes baazaoui baazaouinarjes <@t> gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 15:21:48 CDT 2013

Hello,
I used to section the brains of my mice by microtome I did not have any
issue. This period I changed to the vibratome I notice that it is cutting
whole sections at the beginning then it is cutting just parts of the brain
such as the hippocampus and parietal cortex without the frontal cortex or
even just the hippocampus without the other structures. I am using cold PBS
and sharp blade and the angle of the blade is 5 degree. If any body had any
experience before with the vibratome or encounter this problem please do
not hesitate to help me.
Thank you so much.
Regards.
Narjes Baazaoui