[Histonet] The Free Diagnostic Pathology Software Project from the UK - The third version of this free software is now being shared.

Dr Mayall mayallf <@t> wave.co.nz
Sun Mar 10 07:12:58 CDT 2013

The Free Diagnostic Pathology Software Project is sharing the third
version of its free open source cellular pathology reporting software.

You can try it online and download it at the project's website:

www.FreeDP.org

You are free to use it, change it and share it with others under the
GPL3 open source license.

The project's website has been visited by pathologists from over 55
countries. One in five visitors chooses to download a copy of the
software for use on their own computer. It can be used with Windows of
Apple OS. It is being used at hundreds of sites around the World.

Version 1.1 of the software was distributed online in April 2012 and
Version 2.1 in September 2012. During 2012 we developed proformas for
more tumour types including ones based on the recently published The
International Collaboration on Cancer Reporting (ICCR) proformas for
endometrial carcinoma and invasive melanoma. The latest version,
published in March 2013 includes improved breast carcinoma and
colorectal carcinoma proformas together with improved PDF printing and
some debugging.

Over the next year we hope to incorporate more cancer proformas, and
will release an updated version towards the end of the year, via the
website above.

I would be very for any feed back regarding bugs or ideas for
enhancements.

Fred Mayall
Consultant Histopathologist, Taunton and Somerset NHS Trust