[Histonet] RE: Antibody IDH1

Sue Hunter SHUNTER <@t> beaumont.edu
Mon Mar 4 16:05:18 CST 2013

We use Dianova's antibody at a 1:100 dilution on the Ultra.  CC1 cell conditioning for 40 minutes, antibody for 32 minutes - no heat.  We use Optiview detection system. No amp.  Make sure you are using the correct type of brain tissue for a control - most oligodendrogliomas should be positive, altho there are a few with other mutations.  Remember that this antibody only picks up the R132H point mutation.  This occurs in about 70% of oligos so it is possible that you happened to pick one that was positive for one of the other mutations.  Perhaps try a few different patient tissues.

Sue

Sue Hunter, Supervisor
Advanced Diagnostics
Beaumont Health System
Royal Oak MI
248-898-5146
shunter <@t> beaumont.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Zimmerman, Billie
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 4:21 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Antibody IDH1

Does anyone perform this antibody?? We can't get it to work on the Ventana Ultra.  PhenoPath in Seattle performs it on the Dako autostainer using a small size polymer detection kit.  I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Billie Zimmerman

Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University have consolidated to become Georgia Regents University. Effective January 9, 2013, my email address has changed to BZIMMERM <@t> gru.edu. Please update your address book to reflect this change.