[Histonet] Ventana HPV High/Low Replacements?

Michael Kent mkent <@t> dermpathlab.com
Mon Mar 4 13:41:36 CST 2013

Hi Jennifer,

I'd recommend looking at this study and comments on biomarkers in HPV:

The Lower Anogenital Squamous Terminology Standardization Project for HPV-Associated Lesions:
Background and Consensus Recommendations from the College of American Pathologists and the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology

Arch Pathol Lab Med-Vol 136, October 2012 The CAP-ASCCP LAST Project--Darragh et al

Regards,

Mike

Michael Kent, MS, PhD
www.dermpathlab.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer Masuzumi
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 2:09 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana HPV High/Low Replacements?

Hello everyone,

My lab is interested in starting HPV High and Low Risk ISH testing, but it seems like we just missed the boat on it. We have Benchmark XTs, but Ventana discontinued their HPV probes sometime around last December, and they don't have an alternative at this time. After talking with nearby labs that are currently using stockpiles of Ventana probes, they told me the following courses of action they were planning on using when their stock runs out:
-One lab is thinking of doing HPV by PCR -Another is thinking of switching to Dako probes

After discussing the possibility of Dako probes with Ventana and Dako, neither could recommend using them together because each side was unfamiliar with the other's reagents or system, though both said it might be possible.

Is anybody in a similar situation, looking for a replacement for the Ventana HPV High/Low Risk probes? Any insight on possibilities to pursue would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Masuzumi
Sterling Pathology
Seal Beach, CA