[Histonet] microtome aligner

Goins, Tresa TGoins <@t> mt.gov
Wed Jul 17 10:59:52 CDT 2013

Yikes.  There is a lot of "play" getting that bubble in the middle of the "universal" aligner that may translate to large variations in alignment each time the thing is used.  The high cost is probably for the clamp, but if the bubble level is worth $1.50 the quality of the clamp doesn't matter.

Save your money and use a blank paraffin block.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Maria Mejia
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:12 AM
To: HistoNet
Subject: [Histonet] microtome aligner

Hello,

Can anyone provide any additional information regarding microtome aligners?
Do they work?  I have never used or seen this particular tool, so which brand works best?  I know of only one company that sells a microtome aligner (universal type).
Any information any one can provide will be most appreciated.

Best
Maria Mejia
San Francisco, CA