[Histonet] RE: AFB stain

Sanders, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Wed Jul 10 04:45:42 CDT 2013

We have been using the AFB Green from Dako but prior to that no issues with the blue

Jeanine H. Sanders
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
404-639-3590
jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Nancy Schmitt
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:31 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] AFB stain

We run the AFB on the Dako Artisan - recently it has been coming off with VERY intense blue staining.  Tech. support offered a new kit - same problem.  We lessened the time and got the same result.  All other stains on the Artisan are working.  Thoughts are appreciated!

Nancy Schmitt HT, MLT(ASCP)
Histology Coordinator
United Clinical Laboratories
Dubuque, IA  52001

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any attachments. Thank you.