[Histonet] Re: H&E staining question

Tony Reilly Tony_Reilly <@t> health.qld.gov.au
Wed Jul 3 18:06:09 CDT 2013

Hi Linda

For a little more information (not an article) go to:
http://www.ihcworld.com/royellis/problems/problem21.htm

regards
Tony

Tony Reilly  B.App.Sc. , M.Sc.
Chief Scientist, Anatomical Pathology
Pathology Queensland-PA Laboratory
Health Services Support Agency | Department of Health

Level 1, Building 15,Princess Alexandra Hospital
Ipswich Road,WOOLLOONGABBA  Qld4102
Ph: 07 3176 2412
Mob: 0402 139411
Fax: 07 3176 2930
Email: tony_reilly <@t> health.qld.gov.au
Web:  www.health.qld.gov.au/qhcss/

>>> Teri Johnson <TJohnson <@t> gnf.org> 7/4/2013 12:37 am >>>
Hi Linda,

There is no journal article, merely an observation on my part many years ago.

Teri

On Jul 2, 2013, at 10:05 PM, "Linda Prasad (SCHN)" <linda.prasad <@t> health.nsw.gov.au> wrote:

> Hi Teri,
> Oxidising the slides in periodic acid prior to H&E improves the HE. Would really appreciate if you could please send me the reference for that article. Thank you Teri.
>

> Linda Prasad, MSc, BSc
>
> Hospital Scientist | Histopathology
> t: 02 9845 3316 | f: 02 9845 3318 | e: linda.prasad <@t> health.nsw.gov.au | w: www.schn.health.nsw.gov.au
> m: 0425 314 267
>

> Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
> Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145
>
> P  Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.
Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is strictly prohibited.  The information contained in this email, including any attachment sent with it, may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.
If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone collect on Australia +61 1800 198 175 or by return email.  You should also delete this email, and any copies, from your computer system network and destroy any hard copies produced.
If not an intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute or take any action(s) that relies on it; any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email is also prohibited.
Although Queensland Health takes all reasonable steps to ensure this email does not contain malicious software, Queensland Health does not accept responsibility for the consequences if any person's computer inadvertently suffers any disruption to services, loss of information, harm or is infected with a virus, other malicious computer programme or code that may occur as a consequence of receiving this email.
Unless stated otherwise, this email represents only the views of the sender and not the views of the Queensland Government.