[Histonet] Nice job, great lab

Cheryl tkngflght <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 19:54:33 CST 2013

Hi All-

We're seeking a registered histotech with IHC skills (job posting, below).  Please share with your friends--this is the lab I manage and we work hard and have fun doing it!  It's a great crew, awesome docs, and the city is one of those towns that hasn't figured out it's a big city yet--neat things to do without the big city negatives.

Job Opening:  Histology Tech II

Reports to: Histology Manager

Core Description: Full-time, non-exempt position.  Performs all duties of a certified histology technician in preparing tissue specimens for pathologist examination: grossing, embedding, cutting and staining formalin-fixed tissue in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with standard histology practices.

Must be a team-player, maintain a cooperative attitude and support on-going changes in a professional manner.

Schedule: To be determined.  Work schedule may adjust to meet the needs of the department.

Requirements:  Registered HT or HTL(ASCP). Associates Degree or equivalent with emphasis in science.  Preference given to individuals with 2+ years of IHC experience in a high-volume lab. Bachelor-degreed applicants encouraged to apply.

Duties include: Embedding, cutting, special stains, immunohistochemistry, troubleshooting, maintenance and support duties. Possible grossing and cytology preparation.  Other duties as assigned to support the operation of the department.

Send resumes to kromero <@t> pathgroupla.com  (our HR person)  I will see all the resumes and they're exclusive to this position--no worries about recruiter overload!

Cheryl Kerry, HT(ASCP)
800.756.3309 Phone & Fax
admin <@t> fullstaff.org