Fwd: Re: [Histonet] Florida license for Histotechs

jerry.santiago@bellsouth.net jerry.santiago <@t> bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 31 10:04:34 CST 2013

Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

----- Forwarded message -----
From: "jerry.santiago <@t> bellsouth.net" <jerry.santiago <@t> bellsouth.net>
To: "Gail Marcella" <gmarcella <@t> nj-urology.com>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Florida license for Histotechs
Date: Thu, Jan 31, 2013 10:58 am

Hi Gail,

In order to get a license in Florida you will to be ASCP certified, provide 2 hours in medical errors and 1 hour in HIV/AIDS. There are  3 levels of licensure. Technician, technologist and supervisors. You can get the qualifications at the Medical Quality Assurance website.

Florida does not recognize licensure from any other state.

Jerry Santiago, MSEd., HTL(ASCP)QIHC
HT Program Director
Florida State College at Jacksonville
T: 904/766-6528