[Histonet] Re: Question

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:20:27 CST 2013

If anyone has any documentation that says the staining of IHC slides is NOT
high complexity it would help a histonetter out there.  I got an e-mail
from someone who is HT(ASCP)QIHC but does not have an AA degree.  Their lab
director is threatening their job saying they aren't qualified to do IHC
staining.  If anyone has something to refer to it would be helpful for this
person.  I already suggested contacting CAP and getting a written response.

I believe IHC is high complexity but not the staining portion.  Since no
result is being produced by the IHC tech how can this be high complexity?

thanks

Mark