[Histonet] Re: Block retention?

Bob Richmond rsrichmond <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 18:31:10 CST 2013

I think Joyce Weems has hit the nail on the head here!

>>I wish CAP would revisit this. With all the molecular testing coming we will lose tissue that may be valuable to a patient's treatment. I'm hanging on for dear life to what we have.<<

I think that policies on retaining blocks need to be reviewed on high.
I think we'll see an increase in demand for blocks 10 to 20 years old.
The issue is non-trivial, since blocks are bulky and require
temperature-controlled storage space. There's also the problem of what
will happen to blocks when laboratories close.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN