[Histonet] Help with CPT code 88363 for archived tissue retrieval

Bell, Lynne Lynne.Bell <@t> cvmc.org
Thu Jan 10 13:50:18 CST 2013

I agree, Dr. Cartun.  I believe that the CPT Coding book specifically says that it is only a professional charge.

Lynne Bell, HT (ASCP)
Histology Team Leader
Central Vermont Medical Center
130 Fisher Road
Berlin, VT  05641
802-371-4923
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Richard Cartun
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:47 PM
To: Joyce K. Weems; Mark Tarango; Mike Pence; Natalie Nagy
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Help with CPT code 88363 for archived tissue retrieval

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think this CPT code has a "Technical" component.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> "Mike Pence" <mpence <@t> grhs.net> 1/10/2013 2:27 PM >>>
So are you putting the charge thru twice or is the charge for the 88363
divided out into tech and prof.?