[Histonet] Help with CPT code 88363 for archived tissue retrieval

Mark Tarango marktarango <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:00:47 CST 2013

It can't be used to just pull blocks.  The slides have to be reviewed and
the best block chosen by a pathologist.  If there is only one block then
the pathologist needs to look at the slides and determine if there is
enough tissue for molecular testing.  It's a professional charge.

Use it on re-accessioned cases for which molecular testing is requested and
the best block needs to be chosen.

Yes we use it when sending out for Oncotype DX if the case was signed out
over 30 days before.

Mark