[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 110, Issue 9

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Wed Jan 9 15:21:59 CST 2013

Amy,

Try contacting the local hospitals for some blocks.  For trichrome and mucin, you can use small intestine.  Those are usually readily available from a local facility.  Iron uses liver or spleen and those can be obtained the same way.  By networking with other facilities you can begin a barter system for obtaining controls.
I can send you an iron control block next week, is the address provided correct?

As for purchasing controls, only get those that you cannot get normal tissue for, like microorganisms.

Good luck,

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT (ASCP)
Instructor, Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology