[Histonet] interview

Rob Geske rgeske_2000 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 13:53:20 CST 2013

Hi Pam,

if there is no one qualified locally i would suggest you look to a temp agency that does have qualified individuals that can provide the skill sets you require.  if someone needs to be brought in from outside your area, the agency will certainly charge you per diem in addition to salary plus their agency fee.  once you extrapolate all of those costs out over 6 months to a year i expect you will find that you will be able to make a convincing case for paying either a sign on bonus or moving expenses.  the other option is to scale the volume down to a point where it is manageable with the resources you have and are able to maintain the same quality.  there have been a number of temp agencies that have posted here -- i expect they could be a valuable resource to you.

regards,
rob

--- On Wed, 1/9/13, Pam  Marcum <mucram11 <@t> comcast.net> wrote:

From: Pam  Marcum <mucram11 <@t> comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] interview
To: "joelle weaver" <joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com>
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu, galel <@t> unionhospital.org
Date: Wednesday, January 9, 2013, 12:37 PM

I totally understand hiring only experienced people however; I have a question.  What do you do when you have no one available and the institute you work for will not help with moving expenses or sign on bonuses?

Believe me I know about training OJT today when you are shortstaffed and can't meet salary demands.

Pam Marcum