[Histonet] RE: CAP guideline for fixation time

Jesus Ellin JEllin <@t> yumaregional.org
Mon Jan 7 12:02:35 CST 2013

We have it documented within the APLIS, when the order is placed within our EMR,, for requisitions we have them document them on the requisition at the time it is taking place with a sticker,, but since the most of our orders are electronic it is part of the workflow, this is done for all specimens as we see the importance of other biomarkers for future

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Weems, Joyce K.
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 11:00 AM
To: 'Victor A. Tobias'; 'histonet'
Subject: [Histonet] RE: CAP guideline for fixation time

Our OR and Breast Health staff have done pretty well getting on board with this. We rarely have one that hasn't been documented.

We have a place on the requisition (located just under the date field so they will see it) where time out of body (for the cold ischemic time), and time into formalin is documented. Then we document the rest on the requisition and the pathologist takes it from there.

Joyce Weems

Pathology Manager

678-843-7376 Phone

678-843-7831 Fax

joyce.weems <@t> emoryhealthcare.org

www.saintjosephsatlanta.org

5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road

Atlanta, GA 30342

This e-mail, including any attachments is the property of Saint Joseph's Hospital and is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  It may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message, and reply to the sender regarding the error in a separate email.