[Histonet] TMA Cutting Problems

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 11:09:36 CST 2013

Probably the paraffin wax surrounding the cores has not infiltrated them perfectly and you have ended with a TMA block that cannot hold the cores adequately.
My suggestion is to melt the block again and leave the cores in melted paraffin during at least 1 hour and prepare new blocks that will ha able to hold together better.
René J.

From: Jim Jones <jim000001 <@t> hotmail.com>
To: Histonet <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Monday, January 7, 2013 11:57 AM
Subject: [Histonet] TMA Cutting Problems

We constructed some TMAs for Validations and when I tried to section the TMA blocks the sections shred.  It's really hard to get a nice ribbon or even a nice section.  I don't know what I am doing wrong.  Has anyone had problems cutting TMAs before?  Any solutions?  We are using the Arraymold instrument.