[Histonet] Pathologists' Names on H&E Labels

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Fri Jan 4 16:09:48 CST 2013

Roger I've run into this exact issue as an LIS vendor.

The concern was that the name on the slide would somehow be construed as the
actual pathologist who performed the diagnosis, despite the fact that the
LIS maintained the identity of the pathologist who actually signed off the
case in it's database.  It just 'disturbed' some pathologists.

Long story short, unique initials were utilized instead and the politics of
the situation evaporated.

As a suggestion, should this continue to be an issue at your facility, why
not use a numbering  system or some other designator to identify a
pathologist group/workgroup if you will (yes, it would be a group of 1)

Feel free to email or call me separately if you'd like a few more details.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 952.241.7369