[Histonet] Unencased Ameoba Stain

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Thu Feb 28 10:41:51 CST 2013

Either Gridley's method or an ordinary PAS will work very well, due to
the high concentration of glycogen in the amoebic cytoplasm.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Joseph
Brooks
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:13 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Unencased Ameoba Stain

Hello All,

One of our Neuropath docs is inquiring about a special stain for
unencased ameobas in cornea biopsies.  I did a search and Gridley's
Method was the best option that appreaded.  Is there someone that could
either verify this stain will work on this organism or let me know what
you stain you are using?  Thanks in advance.

Matt Brooks