[Histonet] Storage of formalin fixed tissue

Lucy Bell lucy.bell <@t> uct.ac.za
Thu Feb 21 04:46:23 CST 2013

Hello,

I am looking for some advice about medium-long term storage of formalin
fixed samples.
I am collecting small skin samples (4mmx4mm max) in South Africa and am
planning to fix them immediately in 10%NBF. However I am then not able
to process them until approximately three months subsequently. What is
the best storage option in this regard? Keeping them in 10%NBF at 4
degrees Celsius? I will eventually want to perform H&E staining and
potentially some immunohistochemistry.

Thanks and regards

###

UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###