[Histonet] standard protocol

Tony Henwood (SCHN) tony.henwood <@t> health.nsw.gov.au
Thu Feb 14 17:30:48 CST 2013

Hi Kay,

Who was the idiot who sent this to you?

Why bother cutting the sections if they will float off in the xylene, you might as well just send them blank slides.

The companies are willing to spend millions of dollars on the development but couldn't be bothered seeking professional advice before they send out mandatory protocols like this.

Unfortunately I regularly see this and usually send back a letter stating that to follow their protocol we will be charging more for the stupidity.
I do not tell them what they should be doing unless they are willing to pay for my advice.

You can forward my reply on to them if you so wish.

Here ends my Friday rant!!

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Histopatty
Sent: Friday, 15 February 2013 3:02 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] standard protocol

We are getting instructions from a pharmaceutical company who needs slides, with instructions stating "sections should be floated per standard protocol, xylene dipped from 3 minutes and dried for 10 minutes."  I'm reaching out to those of you who routinly deal with research protocols and wondering is the "standard protocol" the normal float, dri, melt?

Patricia Eneff
for
Kay Pierce

Please respond to sharon.pierce <@t> hcahealthcare.com if possilbe.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.