[Histonet] RE: SlideMate Printers

Beth Cox bethcoxx <@t> gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 11:46:43 CST 2013

Hi Lori,

We have been trying to get the SlideMate/ Printmate system working in our
lab for close to a year now.  Our experience with the SlideMates has been
dismal.  Our quality with the Slidemates is minimally adequate, with a lot
of 'misprints'.   We didn't get the best print with their Colorfrost
slides, in fact we have found the Statlab 'ColorView' slides to be the
least problematic (note:  I did not say the results are good, just less
bad).

Within 6 months of use, we needed to send all three of our Slidemates back
to get new printheads, and a cost of $1000 each.

I would not consider our implementation 'successful', and I would not have
purchased them if I knew then what I know now!

Beth Cox, HTL/SCT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Supervisor
St Elizabeth Healthcare, Edgewood, KY

Message: 13
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:58:55 -0500
From: "Lori White" <lwhite38 <@t> cogeco.ca>
Subject: [Histonet] Slide Mate printers
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Hi,
We recently installed Slide Mate printers and are experiencing poor print
quality despite several onsite service calls.  The vendor is attributing the
problems to the slides we are using even though we are using Colorfrost
slides from the manufacturer's List of Approved Slides.  Has anybody
successfully implemented these printers?  If so, could you please share what
slides you are using?
Thanks in advance.
Lori W
Ontario, Canada