[Histonet] Could these samples have been saved?

joelle weaver joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:10:56 CST 2013

It was my understanding that with MW-assited processing, that they could not be put back through the MW assisted fixation part of the program. That is not to say that you couldn't rehydrate tissues and then evaluate and pass them through the rest if they were fixed, such as the alcohols, isopropanol and/or paraffin. I supposed you could conventionally fix if that were the issue, but I do remember when using these instruments that I didn't  "double microwave". Instead,  I just made an edited program to take it to wax depending on the situation. Most of the software made this pretty easy to do. Does anyone know differently?

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC