[Histonet] RE: Cassette labeling

Margiotta-Watz, Michele MMargiotta <@t> bmhmc.org
Fri Feb 8 06:54:49 CST 2013

We print out an embedding log and note the # of pieces/block from the Doc's dictation. We are small scale so it works fine for us.

Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of SimmsColon, Janine
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 7:45 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Cassette labeling

Good morning all,

I hope all here in the East are prepared for the storm, (considering I am in New England and it is February it is not all that surprising to me yet I am always amazed at the commotion that occurs with every impending snow, but I digress). I know many out there may have cassette labelers so this may not be an issue but for those who still label by hand I am curious as to how you label. At my previous lab besides the case number (S13-accession number), we also indicated how to embed the pieces (= for on edge), and the number of pieces in the cassette. I am just curious as to how common this practice is or if there is any other way you annotate the number of pieces expected in a cassette. Thank you in advance for any feedback you provide as I have received many helpful responses to my previous posts.

Janine Simms Colon, BHA, CPhT, HT(ASCP)

Histology/Pathology

Johnson Memorial Hospital

201 Chestnut Hill Road

Stafford Springs, CT 06076

Office: 860-684-8230 ext. 5197

janine.simmscolon <@t> jmmc.com

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
are addressed.  This communication may contain material protected by
the attorney-client privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and
that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail or call
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center at (631) 654-7282.