[Histonet] Xylene/Paint Thinner

Parker, Helayne HParker <@t> Skaggs.Net
Wed Feb 6 12:27:04 CST 2013

<<<<I have a colleague who is convinced paint thinner is exactly the same as the SubX we use. Does anyone know if this is true?>>>>
Haha- funny you should say that.  I always swore that Mitaban (for canine demodex mange) was made out of xylene.  Almost looks like watered down xylene.  Well I checked the MSDS and it is but only the inactive ingredient part at a high %.  On a lighter note that orange fragrance d-limonene flea dip is basically the same stuff as the Americlear is.

Helayne Parker, H.T. (ASCP)
Pathology Section Head
Cox Medical Center Branson
P.O. Box 650, Branson, MO 65615