[Histonet] No expiration dates on chemicals

Patrick Laurie foreightl <@t> gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:26:00 CST 2013

I was supervisor of a lab where we had old staining powders that were close
to 30 years old.  All of our other chemicals had expiration dates, but not
these.  CAP cited us, we sent this article in:

Stain and dye stability over a 30-year period: a comparison of certified
dye powders by the Biological Stain Commission
DP Penney, M Frank, C Fagan, C Willis Biotechnic & Histochemistry 2009,
84(1): 1115.

And they expunged the citation.  This is not an official advice, your
experience with this may vary.

Good luck,

Patrick

--