[Histonet] looking for a product

Bond, Lee Lee.Bond <@t> sclhs.net
Thu Dec 12 08:29:57 CST 2013

Hi All-

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase histology base molds in a long, thin rectangular shape? We would like to be able to get more cuts of a prostate biopsy onto a single slide. We currently are using this shape of a base mold and having to manually trim excess wax (dangerous and time consuming):

_________________________

/                       /

/  ******************   /

/  *                *   /

/  *                *   /

/  *                *   /

/  *                *   /

/  *                *   /

/  ******************   /

/_______________________/

We would like to find base molds shaped like this, so that we eliminate the need to manually trim each block:

_________________________

/                       /

/                       /

/                       /

/  ******************   /

My staff would be incredibly appreciative for any help in finding this product!

Thanks all-

Lee Bond, MT(ASCP)

SFHC Lab

Topeka, KS