[Histonet] RE: Questions about IHC in Frozen Sections

Connolly, Brett M brett_connolly <@t> merck.com
Fri Dec 6 08:12:13 CST 2013

I agree with Liz,

We usually fix with acetone/ethanol 5-10 min then go right into buffer, but occasionally use 2.0% NBF for some antibodies.  Our buffer contains 0.1% Tween and our sections can be anywhere from 8-20um depending on the specific project. I think the 30min in acetone is messing up your morphology.

Brett

Brett M. Connolly, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Imaging Dept.
Merck & Co., Inc.