[Histonet] RE: Stainer/coverslipper question

Michael LaFriniere Michael.LaFriniere <@t> ccplab.com
Thu Dec 5 07:18:25 CST 2013

A few months ago I implemented the Lieca stainer with coverslipper, great pricing on the unit! It works well, the coverslipper can be a little touchy at first but once you break it in, it works well...we went to imagining some slides and wanted glass coverslips.

On another note, I just implemented and validated the new Dako Omnis immuno unit...amazing!! I will be happy to answer any questions privately so I don't seem to be advertising for a company on histonet....

Michael

Michael R. LaFriniere, HT (ASCP)
Executive Director

Capital Choice Pathology Laboratory
12041 Bournefield Way, Suite A * Silver Spring, MD 20904
P: 240.471.3427 * F: 240.471.3401 * Cell 410-940-8844

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Laurie Colbert
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 4:10 PM
To: Connolly, Brett M; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Stainer/coverslipper question

Hi Brett,

I have used the Prisma Stainer with the film coverslipper connected, and loved them both.  The Prisma stainer can hold 3 racks of 20 slides, so it is very nice for high volume.  Our current stainer only holds one rack of 20, and slides can get backed up.  The coverslipper is extremely fast and very trouble-free.  I have heard that Sakura's glass coverslipper is good.  We currently use the ClearVue glass coverslipper from Thermo, and it works well.

Laurie Colbert, HT (ASCP)