[Histonet] Helicobacter helmani -- help?

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun <@t> hhchealth.org
Wed Dec 4 15:31:17 CST 2013

The polyclonal antibody from Dako labels H. helmennia in addition to H. pylori.  Several of the commercially-available mAbs to H. pylori that I have evaluated do not label H. helmennia.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax
richard.cartun <@t> hhchealth.org

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] on behalf of Cheryl [tkngflght <@t> yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 3:18 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Helicobacter helmani -- help?

Hi Guys-

Does the routine Helicobacter pylori IHC staining generally stain the whole spectrum of helicos?

We had a clinician ask specifically about the helmani and we're waiting for a response from the vendor but now I'm curious, too!

Thanks in advance and Wednesday--

Cheryl

Cheryl Kerry, HT(ASCP)
Full Staff Inc.
Staffing the AP Lab by helping one GREAT Tech at a time.
281.852.9457 Office
800.756.3309 Phone & Fax
admin <@t> fullstaff.org

Sign up for the FREE newsletter AP News--updates, tricks of the trade and current issues for Anatomic Pathology Clinical Labs. Send a 'subscribe' request to APNews <@t> fullstaff.org. Please include your name and specialty in the body of the email.