[Histonet] RE: offsite frozen sections

Douglas Porter doug.porter <@t> caplab.org
Tue Dec 3 10:40:38 CST 2013

We have converted an ambulance to a mobile frozen section lab.  We have a
cryostat, microscope, eyewash station, etc., etc..  It, because it is a lab,
is inspection by CAP on a regular two year rotation like our other labs.  If
you are interested, let me know and I'll send you some pictures to better
demonstrate what we've done.  We just drive to the location where the
surgery is taking place and do the frozen section right there, on site.  I
say we, I mean our pathologist drives the mobile lab to the site, does the
frozen section and returns with the specimen.  They get their frozen section
results by cell phone and we follow up with the hard copy report or fax
copy.  It's actually quite slick!

Douglas A. Porter, HT (ASCP)
Grossing Technician
IT Coordinator
Cancer Registrar

CAP-Lab, PLC
2508 South Cedar Street
Lansing, MI 48910-3138

517-372-5520 (phone)
517-372-5540 (fax)

doug.porter <@t> caplab.org

www.caplab.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, forwarding or capture of this communication is
please notify me immediately by return e-mail and delete this and all
copies. Thank-you.