[Histonet] Uncertified Histotechs

Jon Hannasch jon2038433 <@t> maricopa.edu
Fri Aug 23 15:54:24 CDT 2013

Thank you everyone for your interest in this subject. I get an overwhelming feeling that being certified is practically necessary to apply for histotech jobs. It seems like if you lack certification then you will be lucky to find a place interested in you. Even if you have all the experience. It's too bad because I recently went through school for histology and got my HT certification. Once I applied for jobs I got hired relatively quick and I could barely make a decent slide. My friend who is uncertified with all the experience just can't seem to find. I guess certification is everything now. It doesn't make much sense but that's just the way it is.