[Histonet] Uncertified Histotechs

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 08:03:00 CDT 2013

I've noticed that a few jobs at UPMC for histotechs require experience, but
not certification.  You do have to be certified within a year of employment
though.  I'm thinking this is due to the lack of research jobs, so people
like me (lab techs from research) are moving into hospital labs with enough
skill, but not certification.
This is something I'm looking into doing, as I can section like a pro, but
I don't have the time or money to take classes right now.
Beatrice, that one thing I'm worried about--I'm terrible at sectioning
under pressure! Though an hour is a long time to not have one good slide...

Emily

"By bitching and bitching and bitching, they could exhaust the drama of
their own horror stories. Grow bored. Only then could they accept a new
story for their lives. Move forward."

-Chuck Palahniuk, "Haunted"