[Histonet] Requisitions

Douglas Porter doug.porter <@t> caplab.org
Wed Aug 21 15:19:10 CDT 2013

There are times when the requisition and the specimen are labeled
differently.  Many offices pre-label their specimen containers, take the
specimen from a different source and forget to change the label on the
container.  They make the change on the requisition and then you have a
discrepancy.  The grosser is a perfect double check to make sure everything
matches.  It will keep you from having to amend reports that go out before
the discrepancy is discovered.

Douglas A. Porter, HT (ASCP)
Grossing Technician
IT Coordinator
Cancer Registrar

CAP-Lab, PLC
2508 South Cedar Street
Lansing, MI 48910-3138

517-372-5520 (phone)
517-372-5540 (fax)

doug.porter <@t> caplab.org

www.caplab.org

The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, forwarding or capture of this communication is
please notify me immediately by return e-mail and delete this and all
copies. Thank-you.