AW: [Histonet] post-fixation for Mallory Trichrome

Rui TAHARA ruio7 <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 11:58:01 CDT 2013

Thank you!

I have added extra step of 5 min of 1% phosphomolybdic before aniline blue-orangeG, which increased the blue contrast in late stage embryos but not early stage ones.

I did not realize that Mallory trichrome react differently between embryonic and adult samples. I just assumed the formalin fixation is causing the staining problem for early embryos.
Does formalin fixation cause the different colors or weak staining?
If the Mallory Trichrome works differently with developing stages, is mallory trichrome preferably used for adult samples and late stage samples?
I found the following ref about modified Mallory Trichrome for embryonic samples. This method is basically use three dyes separately that can help differentiate staining colors like optimized colors achieved in adult samples. I have tried the protocol yet the cartilage does not show sharp enough and most of other tissues are stained purple-ish.

Would you suggest some articles that i can refer to for Mallory trichrome in embryos?
Thank you,

Rui