[Histonet] Isopropyl Alcohol in the histology lab

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Aug 20 09:07:26 CDT 2013

The tissue processor can be cleaned with a strong glassware laboratory liquid soap at 5% in either hot water or hot IPA. The "hot" is the temperature provided by the tissue processor during the cleaning cycle.
After you dry the stained sections in an oven at 60ºC for 5 minutes, you can place them directly in the coverslipper and they will be covered without any problems.
René J.

________________________________
From: Brendal Finlay <brendal.finlay <@t> medicalcenterclinic.com>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:36 AM
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Isopropyl Alcohol in the histology lab

René,

I'm very interested in your xylen free methods. I have a few questions
for you, if you don't mine answering them.  What is used on the clean
cycle of your processor to remove paraffin waste?  Our lab has a
glass coverslipper.  How would this work with coverslipping the
slides manually or with our coverslipper?  Thank you for all the
information you offer to us at Histonet!

Brendal Finlay, HT (ASCP)