[Histonet] searching for a 1 gallon paraffin dispenser & infor on celloidin processing

Maria Mejia mbmphoto <@t> gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 23:43:20 CDT 2013

Hello,

I'm searching for a refurbished & used 1 gallon paraffin dispenser with
temperature dial to set at 55C.

I'm also searching for other histology folks who work with celloidin especially
on human brain.  I'm needing to know if I an use an alternative to xylene as a
clearing agent in the celloidin tissue processing.  Can I substitute a xylene
substitute & if so which one?  And will it work as good as xylene with the bad
issues.

Any information anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated & I thank you
in advance.

Regards
Maria Mejia
San Francisco