[Histonet] Isopropyl Alcohol in the histology lab

Tony Auge tony.auge <@t> gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:08:18 CDT 2013

I recently switched to isopropanol in my lab. One thing I did first, that
you may want to consider, was to check with the manufacturers of my
processors and recyclers that isopropanaol would be compatible.

1. Can't help you with this one
2. I did have to adjust the staining times for eosin and the dehydration
after.
3. I have not had any IHC staining issues since switching.
4. I still use reagent alcohol on my Artisan special stainer. DAKO said it
would not be compatible.

Tony Auge HTL (ASCP) QIHC
Cell: (651) 373-4768
Email: tony.auge <@t> gmail.com